• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wifi The tegu

Necro-Sigh

Hello, my roomie and I are waiting to welcome Wifi into the world. We plan on pre ordering once the eggs have hatched. His home has been set up, expect for the coconut husk, as we want that fresh. Its about a month and half out till the eggs hatch. He'll be a purple tegu. Doing all the research, more and more, plus notes. Any advice on anything for the baby would be super helpful. Plus buliding tips for his adult enclsoure. We're going to be making it a queen sized bed frame, with the tank being underneath. at Three feet high, seven feet long and five feet wide.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Can't wait to see a picture!! Sounds like you've got the square footage correct to me! Make sure your temps are ready to go - I'd recommend a temperature gun - they're not expensive, and make your adjusting a breeze. Good luck!!

Necro-Sigh

Can't wait to see a picture!! Sounds like you've got the square footage correct to me! Make sure your temps are ready to go - I'd recommend a temperature gun - they're not expensive, and make your adjusting a breeze. Good luck!!
:p All ready bet ya too that. With all of our other reptile babies, we all ready have a temp gun. Love the thing, its also good for checking the temps of defrosted rats, after heating them up with a hair dryer.

Zyn

Just remember taming can be a little more difficult when a new baby is in an adult sized enclosure. Also since it’s a hybrid of a blue bred to a red make sure and pay attention to any small difference as blues don’t normally brumate but will if temps are right but reds like b/w will so just keep an eye on it’s behaviors leading up to mid September.

Zyn

:p All ready bet ya too that. With all of our other reptile babies, we all ready have a temp gun. Love the thing, its also good for checking the temps of defrosted rats, after heating them up with a hair dryer.

Just use warm water, that way the wet rat helps hydrate :) leave it in there for an hour and boom thawed and a bit of hydration.

Necro-Sigh

Just use warm water, that way the wet rat helps hydrate :) leave it in there for an hour and boom thawed and a bit of hydration.
At least for wifi whenever we'll offer him rats once he's big. Our local market also has moose, deer, hearts, livers, while black silky chickens, are they allowed beef tail by chance? That's also there? I want to provide as many different meat types as possible. ( And on his hatch day make him meat balls. xD ) I think Bampoment out ball python would fuss if we got his rat wet.

I will keep that in mind thank you. <3 That is great advice and something I was wondering about. Its blues that tend to like fruit more correct? I'll double check the ratio of blue and red for the boi.

O, the baby will be in my old bearded dragons 40 gal. She just..had to go over the rainbow bridge the other day. Poor girl had kidney failure. We tried everything, meds, x-rays...She was a rescue, so we gave her the best life as we could.

Zyn

I have two rescue beardies myself :) and I think it’s
More the reds who take more fruit in either way it’s not that important to much fruit can lead to being over weight lots of sugar carbs. My sev has a album in the media area he’s a 75% blue 25% black and white

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just remember taming can be a little more difficult when a new baby is in an adult sized enclosure. Also since it’s a hybrid of a blue bred to a red make sure and pay attention to any small difference as blues don’t normally brumate but will if temps are right but reds like b/w will so just keep an eye on it’s behaviors leading up to mid September.
Exactly. The hybridizing creates confusion

Necro-Sigh

Wifi hatched on Tuesday, and came home to us on Thursday. After a long fourteen hour flight. The poor little guy. He ate a little bit the first evening, a little on the first whole day, though yesterday he only took a wee bit of chicken liver, and a tiny little meat ball. Today so far its only been a bite of cherry. So I'm just worried about him. Is it just him settling in still? He's active, running around, then napping.

Attachments

• 1564719641960.JPEG
    1564719641960.JPEG
    119.2 KB · Views: 21

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I think he sounds VERY healthy after a flight like that, and being stuffed in a box. Lots of Tegu personalities would have slumped around, and not eaten at all for several days. Def a cutie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced