• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who's tegu is hibernating?

Jamie Hough

5 Year Member
My extreme giant has been completely down for about two weeks now. It's kind of sad, lol, I just got him in July...he gorged for a while and got quite chunky, and then it was snooze time! Who else has hibernating tegus now?

Jamie :)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My 3 Full grown's have been down for about a month now.. I see them on and off but not much.. my little RedxBlue has been sleeping for about a month also but i havnt seen him at all.

mushman

5 Year Member
My red appears to be slowing down and getting ready to. Very little appetite, not active for more than 1-3 hours per day. He is only a few months old and I haven't had him a month yet so I have no clue :)

argus333

5 Year Member
mine wont go down still eating and active, anyway to get him to go down? he is still outside but will be comming in this weekend. just getting to cold.

scarecrow

5 Year Member
I just picked up my guy yesterday, and thought he was just extra tame. But now I'm wondering if he's just on his way down to hibernate. *shrug* we shall see. first feeding today!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Boon has been off and on napping for almost 2 months now. I've seen him twice in the last couple weeks. Both times he's taken a few bites of liver/turkey, basked a bit, then gone back under.

bdnewb

5 Year Member
Quick question guys... my tegu is still active and eating well. It's his first winter and I do intent to hibernate him. Should I adjust his temperature or cut back on the feedings? Or will he slow down by himself?

Filphfio

5 Year Member
i have never delt with hibernation before... what should i expect from Gonzo? currently he is eating everyday and still gets acouple hours out of the tank.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
My red has been out for close to a month now and Alice my black and white has been off and on for the past two weeks. She will come out and bask for a couple hours then go back into the "burrow".

Spencer

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
my big girl is sleepy, but she still eats about every 3rd day. deffinatly spending alot more time asleep.

same with my extreme. he's not eating all that much and only comes out like 2-3 hours per day.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All most all of mine are down for the count, I will not see many of them again until March.

hoosier

5 Year Member
i went home this weekend and got to see mine for about an hour(just longenough to get a few pics) my mom says hes sleeping more and more now.

angelrose

5 Year Member
it's funny, I have not seen mine in a while. I just got used to seeing my lil' colombians running all around. just this week, I walked into the living room and was so shocked. I saw this really large lizard walking on the floor.

at first, I had to step back. it's been a good while since I saw him. when you don't see them for a while the size becomes really impressive.

pinto24

5 Year Member
Hey, My boy is now hibernating, but I have to relocate his enclosure. Is it bad if during this process he is awakened from hibernation? Could it make him nasty or have some kind of detrimental effect on him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam