• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who Here Naps With Their Tegu?

Do You Nap With Your Tegu?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jefroka

5 Year Member
As most of you know by now tegus love to explore and after some exploring, they like to settle in and get comfortable.

My guy loves to explore. After he's fed and done his business, I clean him up and let him on the bed in our spare bedroom while I read. He has a ball rummaging around, trying out new spots under the sheets/blankets.

The funny thing is inevitably he always seems to find a resting spot right close to me. Of course until he's found that certain "new" spot he's literally crawled on and over me at least a few times, lol. This evening that spot was underneath the pillow I rest my head against, go figure, a 33" lizard right underneath my noggin.

Not only is it fun for tegus to explore and nap with you, its a great way to bond and grow closer with your pet.

So let's hear your story.

...Jefroka

Fork

5 Year Member
Once i was shot from an extreme day of exams and some work, i fed my tegu and let him do his business and such, then i let him explore on the mattress while i relaxed a bit, i ended up waking up 3 hours later with my tegu snuggled up by my armpit. The room is tegu proof(it's a huge tiled walk in closet with nothing in it but his cage and a mattress). It was nice, but i don't want to fall asleep that long again. I always worry about what kind of mischief he could get into, even in a tegu proof room.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Wow, three hours is a good nap! My average play time with Beauregard is about an hour, sometimes a little less.

Thanks for sharing.

...Jefroka

Fork

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
Wow, three hours is a good nap! My average play time with Beauregard is about an hour, sometimes a little less.

Thanks for sharing.

...Jefroka

Yeah you're telling me, i was so exhausted though... I freaked out a little when i woke up, "OH MY GOD!!! WHERE'S ZERO?!" then i realized he was right there next to me like a good little GU. :grno

gboleslavsky

5 Year Member
I've been sleeping with my 40" giant and 42" red for a few months now, all night, together with my wife, in a king size bed. I started doing it when the red became cage-aggressive after I moved them into the 10x4 enclosure. Worked like a charm. He's perfectly still when I get him from the cage to feed now. They both sleep under a pillow and the giant snuggles up next to the armpit, the red is more shy and sleeps alongside the body, probably for warmth.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
All night huh! Hope noone has to go in the middle of the night! Any close calls?

...Jefroka

gboleslavsky

5 Year Member
Not really. I don't think they like to go where they sleep, under covers. They have jumped off the bed to go on the floor somewhere on weekends when we sleep late, but that's about it.

Crusher08

5 Year Member
My big boy Crush, when he comes out. After he's wandered around the room for awhile, getting into mischief, he always seems to come see us while we are sitting on the couch. He'll come up to us so we can pat him, and give him his lizard butt rubs... [much like cats] Well, lately he's been climbing up on the couch, and actually falling asleep on me. It's really cute.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Ashe, great looking gu you have there! A blue? or Black n white, high white?

I see we have 5 votes yes, 3 No's. Perhaps the 3 No's are too small yet for napping?

...Jefroka

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
Ashe, great looking gu you have there! A blue? or Black n white, high white?

I see we have 5 votes yes, 3 No's. Perhaps the 3 No's are too small yet for napping?

...Jefroka

He's a DaveDragon blue from last year. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602