• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

White Plains show 4/20/08 (Now w/Pics!)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Who's going???

I'll be wearing my TeguTalk t-shirt dragging the wife and kids (6, 8 & 10) behind. We may not be able to get there until 1pm and may not bring the kids (I hope!!).

Going to look at stuff and get some feeders.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am going! Just finalized my car pool plans!!! I'll have my TT shirt on as well. I've never been, got any recommendations on what to check out? Where to park?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I am going! Just finalized my car pool plans!!! I'll have my TT shirt on as well. I've never been, got any recommendations on what to check out? Where to park?
You'll have plenty of time to check out everything. I think there are 4 feeder vendors, if you're looking for some. We use the guy in the back (Komodo). Parking is in a big lot next to the place. If you're coming from 287, down 119, take the left onto Central Ave, you'll go right by the Westchester County Center Area and drive straight into the parking lot ($4 I think). If you're looking for herp supplies, Max Pet is on the left side of the central aisle. The big rescued iguanas (reptileszz in this forum and others) is on your left just as you walk in. All the really cool snakes are on the back aisle and up on the stage. Screamelians (totally awesome chameleons) are in the far right aisle. And lots of other cool stuff in between! Hope to see you there!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We ran into Puff and talked a bit.

We got there at 1pm and it was D A M N crowded!!! We also talked to reptilszz as we usually do. The more shows we go to the more people we meet and end up looking for them.

My wife bought our 6 year old daughter a hermit crab!!! I told her not to, but who listens to me!!! We had a few a year ago and they all died. A complete waste of money!!

I bought (2) 100W T-Rex Active UV Heat bulbs for the bearded dragons. And (2) huge ZooMed corner water bowls similar to this. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=2328">http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.ph ... ts_id=2328</a><!-- m -->. The picture is not correct, the bowl must be 14"-15" on a side!!!

We tried to not look at too many of the critters so we wouldn't take one home. Our 10 year old son (the one who's responsible for starting us with reptiles) wants a green iguana but we said NO! many times! But they're only $20!!!

On the way home our 8 year old son had to go to the bathroom so we stopped at the Rt 15 Milford rest stop. He tripped and fell while running to the bathroom and may have broken his wrist. The people at MediQuick weren't sure. He has to be seen by an orthopedic guy ASAP to make the determination what happens next. That's going to keep him out of baseball for a little while. That will give me some free time to work on the Tegu enclosures!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dave! I was looking for you before I left to take a pic! Oh well had fun chattin with ya.

Here's some pics of the show:

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0002-1.jpg

My fav. reptile there
PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

I got so lucky with this shot!! It was grabbing a cricket
PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

Cyclura hybrid at Reptileszz's table
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0002-2.jpg

PICT0003-2.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We saw most of that stuff. Did you hear about the carnage with reptilszz's iguana's?? My wife told me she said the big one (in the picture) tried to rip the arm off of a smaller one in the cage. He's been with them for many years and that hasn't happened. I guess there was blood all over the place!

I forgot the camera.

We asked advice from (3) vendors selling Dumeril Boa's about the one we traded for and got 3 different opinions.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Really? I didn't hear about that. Must of happen after I left.

Carole will hafta give us the play by play. Hope it's OK.

tegulevi

5 Year Member
Re: Whit Plains show 4/20/08 (Now w/Pics!)

DaveDragon said:
Who's going???

I'll be wearing my TeguTalk t-shirt dragging the wife and kids (6, 8 & 10) behind. We may not be able to get there until 1pm and may not bring the kids (I hope!!).

oh dear god dave. i idnt know you could marry a 10 year old

lmao jk

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: Whit Plains show 4/20/08 (Now w/Pics!)

tegulevi said:
DaveDragon said:
Who's going???

oh dear god dave. i idnt know you could marry a 10 year old

lmao jk
It only works on that ranch in Texas!!! :mrgreen:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
PuffDragon said:

It happened before we got there.

Hmmm....I don't think it was the Cyclura then. She had a big Green Iguana behind her put away. She said he was pretty much psychotic and bites anything and everything. I think that's the one that caused problems.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
DaveDragon said:
PuffDragon said:

It happened before we got there.

Hmmm....I don't think it was the Cyclura then. She had a big Green Iguana behind her put away. She said he was pretty much psychotic and bites anything and everything. I think that's the one that caused problems.
My wife may have heard it wrong. Something got lost in the translation!

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
hey dave did you see any ackies or tegus there, or anything thing else interesting for that matter? I wish I could have gone, but of course something comes up on the same day as the expo :evil:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There was not one tegu when I was there. Could have sold out before I got there though. I got there at 1 pm. As for Ackies, I don't recall seeing any but I would have over looked them. So they might have been there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam