• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which Male to Keep, Which Male to Sell???

snibborsirk

So I have a tough decision to make sometime in the near future...my 2015 tegus have both turned out to be male.
I have to house them together and would potentially like to breed so either way two males can't work. Looking for some input from everyone to help decide which to keep and which to sell.

Pics 1-2 are of Jack, my Chacoan that is CBB from Snakes at Sunset. Not as much white overall, but a very white head with a bold, high white pattern. Growing like a weed - 2 months younger but the same size (if not slightly larger) than my other male. He has a stockier/thicker build than the other male.

Pics 3-4 are of Sully, my Florida tegu with Chacoan like pattern, that is CB from Rodney at TegusOnly. A ton of high white striping/bands with the more long/slender build of the Florida population. Growing a bit slower prob due to the fact that he was just starting to brumate when I got him from TegusOnly - still doesn't have the appetite of my Chacoan.

Pics 5-7 are of the two together for comparison. Both have a orange/firebelly underneath. Both have a good temperment. Sully (Florida tegu) is a little more shy since I haven't had him as long, therefore not handled him as much - but is still very easy to handle. I'm torn since I hate getting rid of one or the other. Not sure which would be better to have on display as the father of future offspring if I do successfully breed. Would like to get a blue or chacoan/high white female to pair with one of these guys. Thanks for your responses. Feel free to take the poll and respond as both are appreciated.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (6).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Either one tough to give up. For extensive and high white, seems to me that Sully has it. Like a blizzard. Still, both beautiful.

snibborsirk

Walt1 - So I sold Sully the Florida tegu and he arrived in New Orleans safely this morning. Hated to part with him but one of them had to go at some point! Got a female blue/chacoan cross yesterday thats a handful so far but there's a couple pics in the Cross-breed discussion if you haven't seen them already. Keeping my fingers crossed I can calm her down a bit!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saw that in the other message. Looks like Sully will have a cush job. That's great. I will look in the cross-bred section to see the new female. Congrats on her, also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam