• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where’d my tegu go!

Alec Bennett

Well, the title isn’t exactly descriptive of the situation. I know exactly where my tegu is...in his hide...for the last 12 hours. I can see the little dude shifting his positions, but I think he is sleeping, maybe buerumating? I just got him a couple days ago, and he seems to like his hide...ALOT. I know it takes time for him to adjust, but I am so impatient. Hell, I don’t even mind if he’s tame yet! I just wish I could at least see him! And before any of you ask, yes, the temperature and humidity are spot on...like seriously. I tested them for three days straight before introducing him to his enclosure. Is this breumation? Or does he just not want to be interacted with?

Zyn

Normal they will hide a lot first. Just leave him
alone till he’s settled in. You two will be together for years so don’t worry to much about rushing things.

They sleep a lot in general. My blue is slowing down for brumation only really coming out of his burrow every other day to eat drink and bask.

Don’t worry though he’s fine. You’ll see on this forum, every new Tegu owners first few post go like this

1. Why is he sleeping so much
2. Why won’t he eat (add random food items
Here)
3. Why doesn’t he like me

Alec Bennett

Normal they will hide a lot first. Just leave him
alone till he’s settled in. You two will be together for years so don’t worry to much about rushing things.

They sleep a lot in general. My blue is slowing down for brumation only really coming out of his burrow every other day to eat drink and bask.

Don’t worry though he’s fine. You’ll see on this forum, every new Tegu owners first few post go like this

1. Why is he sleeping so much
2. Why won’t he eat (add random food items
Here)
3. Why doesn’t he like me

Ya I’m not really concerned about taming issues, right now, because my Savannah didn’t let me hold her without fighting until she was 8 months old. A lot of people are disturbed by the fact that these are reptiles, and even though they are smart, they still have primitive instincts that will never settle down as much as a dog or cat (even though some may say different).

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's just the settling in period, your gu's world has just being turned upside down and everything is new.....be patient let him familarize himself with his new home, feeding schedule and routine alittle. Then I'm sure it will soon realize that you're not so scary but are infact the hand that feeds him and tends to his needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602