• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

When does breeding season end for blue tegus?

firfy

Hello!! I am planning to breed my two blues next year! But first I have to introduce them. The problem is, my male keeps trying to breed my female and he is scaring her, so I wanted to wait until breeding season is over for them, so my male stops trying to breed and freaking her out. So I was wondering when the breeding season ends for the blues

Dylan koch

I thought it was over all that I know off have already bred amd eggs already laid and hatched or about hatched. I kept my blues together since I've got them so they will be compaitable right now are cuddle all day same with my red pair. So next year hopefully

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hello!! I am planning to breed my two blues next year! But first I have to introduce them. The problem is, my male keeps trying to breed my female and he is scaring her, so I wanted to wait until breeding season is over for them, so my male stops trying to breed and freaking her out. So I was wondering when the breeding season ends for the blues

I could be wrong, but I think it's 4-6 weeks in total. Here's an opinion from "tegusfromaroundtheworld"...
Argentine tegus breed soon after they come out from hibernation. About three weeks to a month after they emerge from hibernation. The males begin to actively pursue the females. Copulation takes place for one to two weeks. The female will start to build a nest seven to ten days after this takes place.

firfy

Hmm thats weird, my male is still trying to mate my female and he has been up since February and my female has been up since late April.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced