• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is this......

Wil

5 Year Member
This was coming out of the cloaca of one of my reds. Does anyone know what it is?

rft.jpg

rft1.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My first thought was parasite, some kind of worm. If it actually came out I would put in a container or ziploc bag and take it to a vet to find out exactly what it is.

I hope it's okay and something that's easily fixed.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought parasite too, but I've never seen that before. I hope everything ends up alright. Keep us posted!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Definitely looks like some sort of parasitic worm. I first thought tapeworm but when I googled it all the images I found showed worms that're segmented which I'm not seeing on this one. With such a good picture I bet you could get a definitive answer if you post around a bit more.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it a female? Oviduct and infundibulum pop into my mind. It looks more like pink tissue and definitely has a strong longitudinal blood supply with branching vessels as well. It also looks like some mysentery type tissue, too. Did she lay recently?

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Hi wil. OMG. I hope that all will turn out well. I have never seen anything like this before. If it would of been shorter I would think it's a sperm plug. But I'm clueless on this one. Please keep us posted and good luck with everything. I would take him/her to the vet as soon as you can.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
It's not a tapeworm. Tapeworms are segmented flatworms.

I noticed that segmented bit when I was searching images. Whatever it is, a reptile vet could probably identify pretty quick.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
O man :( . I was hoping to come on here and find out what it is. Please let us know either you wil or you Rose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam