• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

well, got another lizard...

new2tegus

Went tolove the reptile show up at oaks PA. Walked out with a hypo citrus male bearded, and looking to go to hamburg to pick up an italian hypo translucent female.

Attachments

• 2011-09-24_16-45-02_790.jpg
    2011-09-24_16-45-02_790.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

new2tegus

I love this little guy lol. Just went to the show, and kept telling myself I wasn't going to get anything. Saw this dumerils monitor I liked too, he was housed with a blue tail, he was acting like a crack addict who hadn't had a hit in a while, and the dumerils just had this, get me out of here look on his face. This is suck a stark contrast to the tegu. This guy could care less if I pick him up, Jekyll is just now letting me pick him up and move him and hangout with me a little when he's out. So things are moving pretty well.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Haha he's awesome looks just like my stubble i hatched out a hypo citrus in my last clutch b4 i lost my female he was the only one i kept best personality ever love's attention and even crawls into my lap while watching tv of his own free will lol its so cute (be careful i saw the water spots dont let the humidity get too high 10-20% at most or you can get a very nast resp infection im sure u know just trying to help ya out) be ready for a junk ton of crickets my lil guy downed any where from 15-40 crix's DAILY =P they are still the best tho he really awesome really pretty!

new2tegus

Haha, it's at like 28%, nothing like my gu on the other hand lol, he sits at around 80% or more, and 105 basking, this little guy is really happy at 105 lol. The spots were from me trying to use the motomister for him to drink from, after the first 2 shots, I switched to a dropper lol. I felt so bad, but had to laugh, it almost knocked him over, he had this WTF look on his face.

Thumper

Nice one! One thing though bardies don't need to drink water. Some people soak them once a week but even that is unnecessary if your crickets are properly gutloaded. Check out Beardeddragon.org

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I only used a water dish for the first month or so with my beardie. He would poop in it every day, eventually I decided it was better to mist him and then soak him here and there.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
My childhood beardie never drank out of a water dish so we stopped providing her with one, but we always made sure to rinse off any veggies before feeding so they had extra water. My beardie at work has a water dish, although the only times I've ever seen her drink is when she's in the bath lol.

new2tegus

Thank you all, I see him over near it every so often with his one foot in it,but never actually drink. He doesn't look dehydrated, skin is always tight, not loose. I use a dropper now, and he puffs up then, but he is doing well. Went through about 35 to 40 crickets the first day, and kinda getting a slow start today. Have about 5 in there, and a few collared greens. He always seems to want to come out, and I brought him out earlier and he fell asleep on me. I promised my gu I'd let him out later since he was scratching at the door. So since I'm new with beardies, what's it mean when they are sitting there with their mouth wide open lol. He's done that a couple times, I assumed he was just hungry. He's a super hypo citrus, and I was told his father was born from Merlin from Fire and Ice dragons, not sure how much truth there is in that,but both his parents look almost like a highlighter lol.

kellen.watkins

new2tegus said:
Thank you all, I see him over near it every so often with his one foot in it,but never actually drink. He doesn't look dehydrated, skin is always tight, not loose. I use a dropper now, and he puffs up then, but he is doing well. Went through about 35 to 40 crickets the first day, and kinda getting a slow start today. Have about 5 in there, and a few collared greens. He always seems to want to come out, and I brought him out earlier and he fell asleep on me. I promised my gu I'd let him out later since he was scratching at the door. So since I'm new with beardies, what's it mean when they are sitting there with their mouth wide open lol. He's done that a couple times, I assumed he was just hungry. He's a super hypo citrus, and I was told his father was born from Merlin from Fire and Ice dragons, not sure how much truth there is in that,but both his parents look almost like a highlighter lol.
I can't remember the exact term for when. They bask with their mouths open I wanna say its gaping don't quote me on that buts its a good sign :) its their way of showing that their basking spot is perfect as far as temp goes. And more than likely he will look like a highlighter his colors will change dramatically with age, mine was red and white when I first got him there is almost no white now just a mosaic of reds oranges and yellows

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Lizards don't don't sweat so like crocodilians some pant to dissipate excess heat. As long as it's not accompanied by hissing and/or posturing, it's not aggression. Sounds like all you did was make an excellent basking spot and now you've got a happy beardie. :D By the way, Stoli is a way cool name.

candyapplecorn

Bearded dragons are awesome. I took my girlfriend to a reptile show two or so months ago and she got a bearded dragon. He's thriving. He eats too many crickets!!! We can't wait for him to get older so he'll eat more veggies and less crickets. Anyways he opens his mouth when his basking is perfect too. My gf freaked out at first but the internet is right, the beardie is doing fine. He's even bigger than my tegu! Of course that will soon change now that I have some delicious mealworms... muahahaha

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
candyapplecorn said:
Bearded dragons are awesome. I took my girlfriend to a reptile show two or so months ago and she got a bearded dragon. He's thriving. He eats too many crickets!!! We can't wait for him to get older so he'll eat more veggies and less crickets. Anyways he opens his mouth when his basking is perfect too. My gf freaked out at first but the internet is right, the beardie is doing fine. He's even bigger than my tegu! Of course that will soon change now that I have some delicious mealworms... muahahaha

I don't know man, beardies love mealworms too! Jabbette once ate an entire container in a single sitting and would've eaten more had there been any. She even took feeder fish one time! Beardies are little eating machines. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602