• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

water temp when soaking Tegu

Dana C

I like James, use the finger or arm test. If it feels hot it is too hot and if it feels nice and warm, like I could bathe in it, the water is probably around the mid to low 90's. My Tegus and Black Throat, don't stay in it a log time usually. I put them in. They pee and crap and want out. Kinabo, the Black Throat, isn't potty trained but Gordo the big male Tegu is and Eva, still a youngster is getting there. A nice warm bath almost always triggers a crappathon with most Tegus, so be prepared.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't really soak mines either, now pooping them is a different story I poop them i n a tub of warm water daily, they don't last more than 5 mins

Dana C

Gordo is a 5-10 minute bath gut and Eva, much younger is longer. As soon as they do their business, they want out usually. About once a week, I will drain and refill the bath tub and Gordo will soak after he has eaten. My Black Throat, Kinabo, seem to likes a weekly soak as well.
If they appear to preparing to shed or actually shedding, I will let them soak daily.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced