• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Water Monitor

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is my new water monitor.

Water.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ooo s/hes cool! and looks so tiny (for the time being)! how long have you had it? i know i asked this before, i'm sorry but is it the same as an ornate water monitor? i think there are a couple kinds of water monitors aren't there?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've only had it a week. As far as I know there is no such thing as an Ornate water monitor. There are several sub-species of the Varanus Salvator (water monitor).

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ooops silly me i think i was thinking nile lol. my bad! how big is this one right now?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No problem on the mix-up. If I had to guess on size, I would say about 14" or so.

Varanus K.Face

Im getting another salvator tomorrow. She is in horrendous shape. Shes between 12-15 years old and paralyzed. I will post pics of her and Baron, along with her whole backstory tomorrow night.

Oh PS James-looks like you got a nice V.S. macromaculatus there! I could be wrong, but from that pic thats what it looks like! Put that little guy under a mercury vapor bulb and his colors will get crazy! Baron is so yellow he almost looks like a melinus hahahaha

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is what he is under in that pic. Can't wait to see some pics.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bad news, my little water passed away today. He wasn't eating well from the start so I'm not sure why.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks. Yeah I plan on getting another, I'm going to the reptile show in San Diego next month so I'm gonna try and find one that is a little older.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam