• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Water bowl?

casey15

For the water bowl(the one for drinking not soaking in) I was thinking of getting a large Kong Dog Dish. Because they're very heavy and hard to tip and can withstand lots of damage. Any ideas for a soaking tub? I have some idea but can't find anything big and heavy enough for a Savannah.

Maybe instead of bowl I could do something like this? I could secure it so it couldn't be tipped. This also might be easier to clean out if he pooped in it.

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Healthy-Station-Medium-PFD17-11855/dp/B002RT8M8O/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339622351&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=kong+water+bowl

I know it's for dog's, I'm looking for a reptile one, the pic is just an example

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Savannahs won't soak. They need proper humidity and deep burrowable substrate.

Dana C

I use a Kong dish and it works great for my BT. You might also look at the very large ceramic water dishes at Petsmart. They are heavy and hard to tip as well.

casey15

james.w said:
Savannahs won't soak. They need proper humidity and deep burrowable substrate.

I know they need the humidity and need to dig, some do seem to like soaking though, and it does help during sheds. I'd try a pool and if he didn't use it I'd take it out of the cage.

Dana C said:
I use a Kong dish and it works great for my BT. You might also look at the very large ceramic water dishes at Petsmart. They are heavy and hard to tip as well.

Good to know, thanks. One question though, with a ceramic dish would it get to hot because of heating? Or would it stay cool because of the water inside?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602