• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Very wild tegu

Kay

I see a lot of Tegus who cuddle and love to be rubbed. Am I the only one with a tegu who rarely likes being rubbed... Cuddles for a minute then runs.. fights desperately every single time I try to take him out of his enclosure... Etc. We got him when he was about a month old. He isn't afraid of me, he just doesn't seem to like to be touched. And when I let him out he likes to be wherever we aren't lol. I'm just wondering if it's just his personality or if he will calm down. I'm fine with him really but I think my daughter was really hoping he would be really calm like the one at her school.
He will be one in July.

I see a lot of Tegus who cuddle and love to be rubbed. Am I the only one with a tegu who rarely likes being rubbed... Cuddles for a minute then runs.. fights desperately every single time I try to take him out of his enclosure... Etc. We got him when he was about a month old. He isn't afraid of me, he just doesn't seem to like to be touched. And when I let him out he likes to be wherever we aren't lol. I'm just wondering if it's just his personality or if he will calm down. I'm fine with him really but I think my daughter was really hoping he would be really calm like the one at her school.
He will be one in July.
How big is he?

Kay

I haven't measured him since the end of March....he was 26 inches. Not sure how much he weighs.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_203137_723.jpg
    IMG_20180502_203137_723.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180512_124937.jpg
    20180512_124937.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

Kay

Well originally I did all the things you read about... Sitting in the bathroom... Sitting in the tub for 2 hours twice a day. Now he is out twice a day to eat and he stays out for a while. Like I said he isn't scared of me... He just doesn't like to be held or touched very much. If I put him beside me he runs off. Now if I put him in the bathroom with me and sit on the floor he will come to me but as soon as I touch him he walks away.

Well originally I did all the things you read about... Sitting in the bathroom... Sitting in the tub for 2 hours twice a day. Now he is out twice a day to eat and he stays out for a while. Like I said he isn't scared of me... He just doesn't like to be held or touched very much. If I put him beside me he runs off. Now if I put him in the bathroom with me and sit on the floor he will come to me but as soon as I touch him he walks away.
Not too sure then, some tegus just aren’t as human dependent as others, it’s all about there personalities and everyone of them is different.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just carry on being patient and doing what you're doing.... He is still very young and has a lot of growing up to do, Don't think that this is the end result and give up working with him.

Kay

Oh I won't. I love the little guy. I post him on Instagram all the time lol. I love watching him grow. He is even eating mice now. My daughter is just disappointed so I just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced