• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard Reds

entropy

Did anyone else order one? I put a payment down in April or May and haven't heard anything since the eggs were put in the incubator. I understand Bobby is busy, so the non response from him is somewhat expected, but I need to hear something so I know if I should keep or sell the setup I bought for him. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Vader

I have a female red on order. Didn't even know the eggs were laid yet. haha
Keep it updated. I can't wait for my female to come in......super excited.

badboyinblue`

wow why do i keep readin BAD things about Bobby. its seems hes not a very good person to deal with. i want to buy my first tegu and thought about going through him but i have changed my mind.

entropy

I don't want to give the guy a bad rep. I know he's had a lot of issues this season, and with that many tegus to deal with I also understand how busy he is. However, I've emailed him several times and have also tried calling his number listed on Varnyard-herps.com several times. Always busy signal, never reach an answering machine. When he did write back a few months ago, he said the eggs were due to hatch in July/early August. Its almost September now. I'm posting on here about it because I have no other options... so I was wondering if anyone else possibly had an update to pass along. Apparently not. :/

Again, not trying to make Bobby look bad... I would just like to know what's up.

jerobi2k

I just saw this, I know its not mentioning Reds but Im sure to some degree it touches the lack of comunication topic, Bobby has been great to me and was always contactable. best of luck. http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?pid=94549#axzz1VHlaS7ZS

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could try calling a few different times during the day. I'd also drop him a PM here and see if he doesn't notice the alert in his e-mail. Bobby is a straight up guy but this time of year is crazy busy. I was over there right before shipping time last year and he was getting calls left and right, usually spending quite a bit of time answering whatever questions people were asking.

Vader

I think alot of people are just really excited about getting their babies and it may seem forever before getting them. Which could cause some issues. Bobby has been doing this a LONG time and I have never seen anything but good reviews on him. On top of that I want the best tegus around.

kellen.watkins

Ya gotta put yourself in that mans shoes for a moment, he's got all the breeders to take care of feed water clean up after then he's got all these eggs incubating and if the eggs have hatched he holds on to them for 3 weeks that's a lot of baby tegus to take care of, it seems like he just got done with all americans with shipping them out I could imagine how busy he is this time of year and as he mentioned I wanna say in may or june he doesn't have help this year. Everyone be patient good things come to those who wait :)

Logie_Bear

When I talked to him not too long ago they were having a lot of storms down there and he said the phone line kept going out. So, if they're still having trouble with the phone I bet he's pretty backlogged on emails too. :eek:

DireTrollJake

I am in the same boat. I got an email from him months ago regarding the eggs being laid and a couple replies about hatching durations, and from there, I've emailed him twice in the last 2 weeks and just called and left a voicemail.

Getting a little worried now that I see this thread.

entropy

*UPDATE*

Here is the copy/pasted email I received from Bobby about the reds on June 20th:

"Hi Melissa, they are in the incubator and are due to hatch the middle of next month.

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
www.Varnyard-Herps-Inc.com
www.TegusForSale.com
www.TeguTalk.com"

So according to Bobby, they were due to hatch mid July. It is approaching mid September, which means they are 2 months late. I have emailed him a total of four times since then beginning in mid July, have PMed him once on this website, and have called him repeatedly. I have left detailed answering machine messages on 2 different occasions, the last time being one week ago.

NO. ANSWER.

Just to give you an idea of how I'm approaching him, here are a few emails I sent him:

July 25th
Hey Again Bobby,

I'm just writing to see if I can get another update on the reds whenever you have a free moment. Hope all is well with you.

Sincerely,
--
Melissa ****

Aug 10th
Hey Bobby,

I will be heading out on vacation soon and would like to know about
when I will be prompted to pay the other half. I will be away from
civilization and unreachable, so I might need to leave my information
with a friend who is tegu sitting while I'm away. I've also heard
rumors that you've had some issues this season, so I'm curious if that
effected the reds. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Melissa ****

---------------

I know bobby is busy. I understand. But this is bad business. He is 2 months past the point that he said I should expect to hear from him again, and it is only natural to give someone an update on that. I have tried repeatedly on every medium I have to contact him. I am a very forgiving, understanding person... and if he would have said one thing, or perhaps simply posted an update for everyone on his website, I would be 100% satisfied. That is not the case, however. I know that many people have had great experiences with Bobby, and I wish that was the case with me.

tora

Yeah I agree totally. I wonder why he doesn't make 'mass updates' in regards to his babies. It would save people a lot of trouble, including himself.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Check the second page on this link http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=9127&page=2. It explains a bit of what is going on.

It definitely sucks waiting and not knowing what is going on.

roastedspleen

i had a deposit on a black and white and have yet to get any messages? when do they usually hatch? bobby said around july augest and september but i dont have any news on mine

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
i had a deposit on a black and white and have yet to get any messages? when do they usually hatch? bobby said around july augest and september but i dont have any news on mine

Bobby lost some B&Ws and the ones that made it have been shipped. You need to get in touch with him and find out whats going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced