• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UVB Levels and Growth rates

twitchster

So, Carlita, my Argentine Black and White Tegu that I've owned for about four months now has only shed one time as doesn't really look as if she's growing at all. Could this have to do with UV lighting? I'm using a 100w Powersun and I don't have a platform yet but plan to build one soon. My question is, what what should the UVI be? I've been trying to find it but I've only scene it posted in one spot. I found that it was supposed to be 1-2.6 and just wanted to verify this. I'm trying to make sure that everything is done right. The cage is 26" with about 4" of substrate and she's 27" long. Also, she gets a mix of reptilinks and chicken hearts/gizzards daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Rebecca Baker

I want to make sure I'm understanding this. The cage is 26 inches and the gu is 27 inches? How to you have the light mounted?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

twitchster

Sorry, I guess I should have specified with the measurements. The cage is 72"x24"x26". The light is laying flat on the top the cage. I think I'm going to have to get a 160w Power Sun depending on the UVB requirements.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam