• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

update on Eli

kellen.watkins

Hey all,
Been awhile since I posted or anything really not much tegu action goin on nikkitine and vanilla are both in hibernation but eli is awake I've been ignoring him a lot and its kinda working (for those who don't know eli has been a tempermental nightmare since day 2) he tolerates my presence in his cage and for the last week I've been around his cage more but have straight ignored him for like a month. He's a little over 4 months old now is well over 2 feet. I've also learned he loves being misted and will at times follow the mist or where its spraying I wanna get a video of it he reminds me of a kid in a sprinkler lol here are some pics I took this morning after his misting :)

Attachments

• 2011-12-01 10.49.28.jpg
    2011-12-01 10.49.28.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2011-12-01 10.50.55.jpg
    2011-12-01 10.50.55.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 6

kellen.watkins

The picture does no justice he has a pinkish tone from the top of his head to his back legs which from there to the tip of his tail is a greenish tone lol

Sirhc401

He looks awesome. That is a good looking tegu. I can see some of the red in there. Having that red might make him get a bit bigger than an average blue as well. You think?

HPIZZLE

interesting looking tegu. i like it more than other blue/red hybrids ive seen(im pretty sure thats what he is lol)

kellen.watkins

Hey y'all just throwing out another update on eli, no pics cause he really has not grown much he only eats once so not much change in size. I took a different approach on taming but wanted to share I started forcefully handling him and would hold him for an hour on the days he was out give him baths for a week or so he would huff and puff open mouth ect. Last 5 or 6 times I have taken him out to hold him no huffing no aggression no spuirming nothing. So now there is no more force handling I gently pick him up let him walk around and pet him. He doesn't seem 100 % comfortable when I take him out but that's just a vibe I get he doesn't dart or close one eye or anything. I'm not embracing force holding tegus just sharing as eli was a tempermental nightmare for at least 4 months and wanted to share his progress :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi