• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update and a Q!

nessanicolle

[attachment=5759][attachment=5760]
Hello everyone,

It feels like just yesterday I got my first little colombian! He/she turned 8 months old today and it has blown my mind that I have this amazing little guy. I am so glad I took the time to love and care for him like I did when I first brought him home. He's about 19" right now and as happy as can be.

Okay, as for a question.. at about 8 months, should he be bigger? I feel like everyone has these 3 month tegu's and they're all like 30" already. Am I doing something wrong?

Other than that, sweet as can be:)

-Vanessa

Attachments

• menteg.jpg
    menteg.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
  • menteg2.jpg
    menteg2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8

KritterKeeper

From what I've read Columbians grow more slowly than other tegus and of course don't get nearly as big. He looks great from what I can see so I wouldn't be worried as long as he's eating regularly and is otherwise fine.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ditto ^ ^ ^ and if you're going to compare him to something, make sure it's the same species. Less stress that way and you'll see he's on track.

nessanicolle

I know they grow slower but like i said, everyone else (and i do mean colombian) has one thats just a baby and it's like 2 feet.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Another thing to consider is since Colombian are imported it is nearly impossible to know the exact age. Those that claim to have 3 month old tegus at 30" could have 30" tegus that are a year old.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Species doesn't matter we are all born different sizes and grow at different rates. Just because someone else has one that's larger or smaller doesn't mean there's something wrong with it or you're doing something wrong. It could be just where it's suppose to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced