• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tongki my new pet lizard

yulyani

Dear Friends,
I want to discuss about my new pet lizard tongki. I don't know the sex yet and temporary I assume it is a female.
Tongki is a very gentle and tame lizard since I got her. I've been keeping her for about 1 month. She is growing well and active, also healthy. But lately she is not interested with crickets anymore, which is her staple food from the seller. She also doesn't really like pinkies, she will never eat it alive, and I need to mix it with egg yolk. Her favourite meal is chicken fillet. red meat, fish fillet, and goldfish. I add calsium into them.

I am worry about this feeding habit, is it any personal behavior or favourite meal for lizard? Because I read lizard need the variation of food to be healthy.

I appreciate any suggestion, thank you very much
yuli

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 96

Roxberry

At that size it is important to give variety but consumption and keeping food in is even more important. Give her what she wants but still provide other things. Soon enough she will hopefully get back to eating different foods but it is natural to get picky

TehGoo

Crickets aren't that nutritious so if thats the only thing she won't eat not to worry ... Try gut loaded super worms too ... Sweet looking Nile you got there good luck with her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602