• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Throwing up

Mike B

I have a female B and W. I fed her raw prawns with shell and some papaya this am. I can home from work, and noticed that she had thrown them back up. Any ideas people?

I plan on keeping an eye on her and if it persists I will to take her to her vet.

Mike

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If no past problems, give her a day or twi and feed her a single small meal of wet dog food or a few gizzards. See what happens.

Mike B

I have a female B and W. I fed her raw prawns with shell and some papaya this am. I can home from work, and noticed that she had thrown them back up. Any ideas people?

I plan on keeping an eye on her and if it persists I will to take her to her vet.

Mike
If no past problems, give her a day or twi and feed her a single small meal of wet dog food or a few gizzards. See what happens.
Thank you ! I will give that a shot tomorrow. I have never fed her wet dog food and she is not the biggest fan of gizzards. I have some chicken legs that I can cut up bone and all.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you ! I will give that a shot tomorrow. I have never fed her wet dog food and she is not the biggest fan of gizzards. I have some chicken legs that I can cut up bone and all.
Yes, something else that she likes but only a little.

Mike B

Yes, something else that she likes but only a little.
Update from the throwing up. I fed her small pieces of chicken leg, bone and marrow this am. Nothing in the enclosure when I returned home this evening. I will continue to watch her closely. Any idea what can cause the vomiting?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
By process of elimination seems as though it was either prawns themselves or spoiled prawns?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam