• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This for Savannah Substrate?

casey15

The cage I have has carpet on the bottom. For the substrate I'm planning to put enough soil so that he can burrow over that. When I changed out the soil, would I the carpet still be washable or would it be gone? Need to know if I should remove it, or leave it in.

HeatherN

depends on the carpet, if its the "repti carpet" it should hold up, but imo, its easier just to remove it anyway. if its housing-style carpeting, i would be inclined to remove it myself, I'm just afraid of those horror stories about the loops getting around the claws or in the stomach somehow.

casey15

HeatherN said:
depends on the carpet, if its the "repti carpet" it should hold up, but imo, its easier just to remove it anyway. if its housing-style carpeting, i would be inclined to remove it myself, I'm just afraid of those horror stories about the loops getting around the claws or in the stomach somehow.

It's the repti carpet, if it was normal it'd be out in a heartbeat, to risky!

Thank you good to know it will hold up!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you are putting soil in, why would you keep carpet underneath it? That is just asking for mold to grow.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam