• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking of adopting....

tjohnson722

Found a red Tegu 2 ft, I'm guessing appx one year for 150.00 obo. Already have a 8x4x4 cage ready to go. Here's a picture. Definately don't like the water dish...... Plus looks like its in a small aquarium.

Thoughts.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359479716332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359479716332.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 32

tjohnson722

It is local. What should I look for if I go?? I'm not positive on the age. He told me but I have forgotten.

I must say that I cannot stand the thought of this animal in a small aquarium and not getting the things it needs especially since I have the means to help it financially and space wise. I literally cannot turn down a reptile in need. (James can attest to this from herpcenter) lol.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is tough this time of year because the activity level could be low due to the season, but obviously you want an active animal. It.sounds like you have your mind made up about getting it, so I would say be prepared for.the worst but hope for the best.

tjohnson722

Just asked again. It's 2 1/2 yrs old.

Also only eats canned chicken dog food.

TeguBlake

tjohnson722 said:
Just asked again. It's 2 1/2 yrs old.

[size=xx-large]Also only eats canned chicken dog food.
[/size]

holy crap...

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea ots not worth it he is not being taken care or right no calcium and nutrition at all

from Samsung Galaxy S3

tjohnson722

I tried to tell him that he said, well I've had 4 and they were all raised that way. Wow....... I'll wait. Lol.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd be surprised if this tegu survives another month. I'd pass on it, looks like its got some spinal problems unless that's just the pic. The conditions look terrible, the water bowl is just... What? The substrate looks dry as hell, the "enclosure" that it's in looks too small for my foot to fit in. I'd only take that tegu if it were free just so it'd live a good month or so before it passes away. But for 150, no thanks. Poor little red.

tjohnson722

I know. I will not spend that money. He's also adament that he feeds that same diet to his blackthroat, savanah monitor and other Tegu's. He says they're all slow growers. I tried to explain how its insufficient nutrients is why theyre small and he wouldn't hear it. Can't help the ignorant. Could call his local animal shelter and report him but I'm too nice.

I know people from another forum who would strangle him for mistreating and misfeeding the savanah monitor lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd strangle him and tear him a new one for feeding that to his black throat let alone all his reptiles. I'd report him in a heart beat. Ill throw his moronic self in a 3x3 room maybe in even smaller and feed him dog and cat food for the remainder of his life and see what he thinks.

tjohnson722

Unfortunately, I'm too nice to do that. And the warden/animal shelter usually has no idea if a reptile is being mistreated unless they specifically research it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602