• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

That time of year again

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Copulation was about 3 weeks ago, and now this.

tegucage002.jpg

13 good eggs, a few less than last time, but who's complaining?

I killed one by accident, and one was deflated. The tegus loved them. :)

IMGP1257.jpg

An older pic of the parents, I'll have to get some new ones up.

The tegus are also awake, and eating everything. What a day! :mrgreen:

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOOOHOO!! Yay for Mike! I get to come see them the day they are born, k?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
lol awesome!! are those babies in the cage under the parents?

you must post pics once they hatch! its a must :)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
lol awesome!! are those babies in the cage under the parents?

you must post pics once they hatch! :)

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For 2 of them, straight perlite. For the other, a vermic/perlite mix.

gebris353

5 Year Member
Cant wait to see the babies pics! The parents are beautiful, already saved the pics of them you posted before, I just love beardies! :-D

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol, hey Mike, I think I'm gonna probably end up trading you that large male from the pet store for yours after all; I really think you would have better luck breeding. Also, maybe if you could manage to keep the male and female separate, and only put them together when you desire them to breed, you might have better luck!

My mom just ADORES your male....oh and for anybody who was wondering, I am currently babysitting Mike's male beardie so his female can get some space to recuperate after laying her eggs.
His male is a sweetie, but just isn't good at mating :p
He only actually copulates with the female like 1 out of every 75 times he tries XD Also, he is alot smaller than the female.
I might buy a larger male beardie from our local family-owned pet shop at an exorbitant price (I feel bad for the poor thing; he doesn't even have proper lighting) and trade Mike the large beardie for Mike's male.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi