• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

teriyaki beef jerky

i was watching my tegu eat today and he saw i was eating beef jerky so he came walking over to me and had one or two pieces of jerky. Then went back to eating quail egg and a mouse. I was wondering if i could give him a piece as a treat every once in awhile?

Diablo

5 Year Member
Don't see why not, just look on the back and see the nutritional value. Avoid the vitamin A and the usual and as long as you're not feeding it everyday to him it shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna be giving my hatchling little treats of my food every once in a while, nothing un natural though.

got10

laurarfl said:
The teriyaki may be a really high sodium snack

Yea , the sodium is what scares me about that. then again I'm also paranoid about giving my Gu's a soak in water unless its been sitting for a while.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i was eating beef jerky so he came walking over to me and had one or two pieces

I was wondering if i could give him a piece as a treat every once in awhile?

If you make your own you could always set aside a few slivers that you don't add any marinade or seasonings to for GU snacks. I wouldn't give him any of the store bought junk though, most of it's loaded with sodium/preservatives as mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced