• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Temperature question from a newbie tegu owner.

Joanna

We just got a beautiful 3 year old male tegu named Hagrid. I adore him but I am worried about the temperature in his enclosure. I have heard many differing opinions about how warm his entire home should be. Can anyone help me out? I know he should have a basking spot, then an all over warmer place, and a cool side? How hot is too hot and how cool is too cool? Sorry to sound stupid but we are just learning. Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

VenusAndSaturn

I'd say keep the basking spot anywhere from 100-125. I personally like to have multiple options for my tegu so rather than providing a basking spot thats only 115 or so I provide multiple thats in a range of 100-125 and this then lets the animal choose it's preferred temp.
I tend to keep my warm side around 88-95 with the cool side being 75-80.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny