• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tell me your colombian tegu success stories!

BlepTongueSkink

Hi y'all. I have a gold tegu named Bubba that I got from my local small petstore a little over a week ago. He was in the petstore since he was a baby, and is about 4-5 months old now. So far I feel like I've been taking steps in the right direction to calm him down, but I get discouraged easily. So please, tell me how you got your colombian tegu to tame down. Thank you!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. A decent number of members here keep Colombians. I'm sure some will chime in. Some threads on that subject. Post a photo of your tegu when you get the chance.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello to you and Bubba....... Alpha is a colombian and although I'm not certain I think hes around one year old... I did a kind of diary on here for him if you fancy taking a peek and I'm also here for any questions you wish to fire at me?? although I might not know the answer as there are people with broader knowledge of herps.

Be patient take things slow and I'm sure you'll build an awsome relationship with Bubba though:D

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think Alpha is around a year old now, 32 inch long and is just a dream pet ...Although he can get grumpy and squerm around a little bit as I pick him up he soon settles with in seconds and he never ever shows any signs of aggresion.... hes just starting to have free rein of my full appartment (before I just let him roam in a hall way) every day for a good few hours and loves his showers staying in for up to an hour some days....The sun is starting to shine over here in shitty England so a leash and the big outdoors is my next step...:D:tegu:

BX9575

6D59A0ED-FCD2-4361-86B5-AD660C2A10B5.jpeg
8097A230-FB7C-4EE1-95A5-2C5BF45190C9.jpeg
78958779-E1A9-40DF-817C-166DBBA1045A.jpeg
3E155E9E-F4B1-4513-A689-1CEFDF0EC272.jpeg
2CBF9E8E-6D41-4E19-AC72-11DD291574CC.jpeg
DE751551-E140-48EE-B90F-673F618CA2F2.jpeg
Hi y'all. I have a gold tegu named Bubba that I got from my local small petstore a little over a week ago. He was in the petstore since he was a baby, and is about 4-5 months old now. So far I feel like I've been taking steps in the right direction to calm him down, but I get discouraged easily. So please, tell me how you got your colombian tegu to tame down. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I was gifted my lil baby on 4/22 as an early mother’s day gift. Not sure of the age. I think she’s doing really well. We have potty trained her. She’s interacting nicely with everyone, no bites ;)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and congrats on a nice tegu. More people beginning to keep this tropical species and with good results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980