• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TegusOnly full review!

Asheya

Just got my sub adult tegu from Rodney!

Side note if you don't know, TegusOnly takes invasive Tegus out of Florida's ecosystem, where they're vetted and sold as pets rather than being destroyed.

Communication with Rodney: 10/10 Super quick responses. We bought the sub adult a few hours after he was posted. Emails were returned super quick and he was shipped out 2 days later. Super impressed!

The tegu: 10/10 I can't get over how amazing this animal is. I was worried about getting a sub adult and the taming process that may come with getting an animal who was once wild, but he's a big baby. I meant to leave him alone for a week to adjust, but as I cleaned his dish he walked up and into my arms. I'm not claiming all tegus purchased will be puppies, but mine is and I'm confident the animals he ships out have the potential to be good pets. He's healthy, bright eyed, so gentle and readily accepting food day two.

Shipping: 8/10 He was shipped to Vermont from Florida last week, and shipping there does take two days. I'm docking points simply for the fact that I find the boxes are not suited for shipping in REALLY cold areas. If I had known that's how he would have been shipped, I would have waited til spring or summer. If you're ordering from anywhere else you'll be fine! However the mix of the heat pack dying through the second day of shipping/ the deliveryman putting the box in a SUPER cold part of his truck near the open door almost resulted in me recieving a lizard popsicle. He's totally fine now though!

Conclusion; Would absolutely reccomend. Great cause, and from what I've seen from others and myself, you'll get a beautiful, healthy animal!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm glad to hear that. Congrats! My four are from Rodney.

Tegus brumate in the winter at 58-60 F, so although not the ideal box, tegu OK.

Of my four, three are intensely curious. One's a peach, two are friendly like a cat. The fourth is gentle/shy. Right now, they're pigpiled in a winter reyreat until late March.

Post a picture.

Asheya

I'm glad to hear that. Congrats! My four are from Rodney.

Tegus brumate in the winter at 58-60 F, so although not the ideal box, tegu OK.

Of my four, three are intensely curious. One's a peach, two are friendly like a cat. The fourth is gentle/shy. Right now, they're pigpiled in a winter reyreat until late March.

Post a picture.
For sure! It was -0.4F outside though which is why I stressed so much.

That's awesome you have so many from them. I love the idea that it helps the environment and gives us access to stunning Tegus at a fraction of the normal cost.

I'll get more pictures in the morning, but this is him after a bath, and I added two from Rodney's post. He has the most unique little white nose scale which made him stand out to me. :)
IMG_20190113_174859.jpg
IMG_20190113_174905.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_175033.jpg
    IMG_20190113_175033.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
  • FB_IMG_1547441014293.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547441014293.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1547441011323.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547441011323.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 51