1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegus Only . Com

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Murrellfamilyzoo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Murrellfamilyzoo

Murrellfamilyzoo New Member

anyone have experience purchasing a “rescue” tegu from Rodney Irwin at Tegus Only? He really seems like an up and up guy but haven’t heard much about his company from customers.
  2. Trizz1964

Trizz1964 New Member

Yes, great guy, i purchased one from him about 2 weeks ago no problem. will be purchasing a second from him soon...
  3. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Not purchased one from him as I'm across the big blue pond, but only ever hear good things about him and the Gu's he sells..... One point to make that I have heard is he is estremely busy and can be hard to make contact with so please be patient.
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Yup, sometimes a wait to hear from him as he's a very busy guy in the field. His service, ethics, and lizards are superb. My four come from him.
  5. Iron Soldier91

Iron Soldier91 Member

I purchase Tiberius from him n it’s great ever since. Tiberius is very healthy n like Rodney said that Tegu like to be with people. Treat Tegu like it is not like dog or cat. The behavior of Tegu is entirely how u take care of it. Good luck.
  6. nightanole

nightanole Member

Dumb question, but in the early days he just poked a bunch of holes in the "if it fits it ships" usps boxes, popped the tegu in a sack, and sent it on its way. There where zero issues, other than having horrified customers when they got the boxes :)
  7. Ginny Mastandrea

Ginny Mastandrea New Member

D485273C-F446-4993-9816-2E789FAE9C22.jpeg 5DFCD919-75F7-4B37-8D11-B9B95FF5DF34.jpeg 5DFCD919-75F7-4B37-8D11-B9B95FF5DF34.jpeg
    I got one a few months ago and I’m in love! He is a good man as I’ve called him several times for advice!
    Walter1 likes this.
  8. Barbara Whyman

Barbara Whyman New Member

I got my tegu from him several months ago my tegu is great and Rodney is very dedicated to saving tegus that would otherwise be killed by Florida I recommend him
  9. Hudson Valley

Hudson Valley Member

We obtained two tegus from Rodney. Our experience with Rodney is such that we would not hesitate to recommend Rodney to anyone interested in adding a tegu to their life.
  10. Jules

Jules New Member

Ginny, your Tegu from Rodney is GORGOUS! He looks like he's a mixture of chicone B&W and Blue. He's got a high white head of the chicone with the "teardrop" of the Blue. Did you just order a gegular black &white or a chicone??? or B&W/blue mix? (sorry about the spelling) He's absolutely beautiful.
    I've also heard really good things about Rodney, and plan on getting a tegu from him after this winter. I love the fact he's saving their lives and has a passion for caring for them. I wish I could meet him personally on the east coast... unfortunately I'm on the west coast. I would encourage anybody on an East Coast reptile exhibit to see the amazing work he's doing.
    Julie Dolan
  11. Bob W.

Bob W. New Member

Getting Tegus from Rodney was definitely better the dealing with a pet store or an online breeder.I have one firebelly and a black and white from him and both are healthy and he even sent us pics of Tegus he had for sale so we could pick the ones we wanted. Awesome guy
  12. Murrellfamilyzoo

Murrellfamilyzoo New Member

Awesome, thanks guys I ended up purchasing from Rodney. We had some problems with shipping USPS delivered a day late cause they delivered to the wrong address. But all is well! I thanks again!
    Walter1 likes this.
  13. Sweetace

Sweetace New Member

Yes! My husband rescued my Severus from him last year as a gift for me. I love him, he is so affectionate and friendly. He was 72cm when we got him last year, he's now 96cm. Very healthy, well fed.
    Have called him a few times, he's a great guy

Attached Files: