1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu taste test?

Discussion in 'Tegu Taming and Handling Discussion' started by firfy, Jul 22, 2019.

1. firfy

firfy Member

Today my adult female blue tegu did a taste bite I guess, I put my hand in the enclosure and low and behold she slowly came up to me and SLOWLY bit my hand, without breaking skin, I didnt pull away and instead just sat there untill she let go then I went to pet her. Can this explain why she had been so nippy? Was it all because she just wanted to taste bite me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Merlot

Merlot Member

Lol prob had to have that taste. Curiosity is a mother
  3. KhanKrazy

KhanKrazy New Member

My baby did that to me today too. Didn't really even press down hard, just kind of did a gentle little grip with his mouth then let go. I just remained calm and didn't flinch or make a sound. Just curious little things :)
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club 5 Year Member

Curiosity. Your response was good. I would've suggested saying "no" as well.