• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Talk Contest Ideas?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought it'd be a good idea to hold a contest now that it's spring and people are a bit more active here on the site. I wanted to poll you, the members, to find out what kind of contests you might be interested in and what types of PRIZES you'd be interested in winning!
For contest types, there's always the solid tegu photo contest. Then we can do variations on that theme with funny tegu photos or something similar.
As for prizes, it's generally pretty easy to use gift certificates to give away from online retailers. Some people think these are boring though. I'm open to hearing what other types of prizes you all would like to win.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RE: Tegu Talk Contest?

Bobbys baby contests are always a big hit :D.
But other than that I think we should have a Photo of the Month Contest. With the winning pic on the home page.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member

Cool i would be all for a contest,ounce i get my tegu of course, or possibly make two separate contest, One for Herp of the month and another for Tegu of the month or something along those lines, the prize really does not matter to me,having one of my reptiles on the homepage would be cool enough :p. Looking forward to how this turns out.

WildlifeLover429

or pet of the week, month you can even have holiday photo contests! how awesome ^_^ Getting my two baby boys june/july cant wait to let them have a try!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I saw that there used to be tegu talk t-shirts and hats. Maybe do a few shirts for smaller contest winners? I can't see them being too expensive. Even having a winning tegu picture featured on the front page would be neat enough! I don't think little gift cards are boring.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I can easily add a spot on the home page for the "Tegu Photo of the Month"!
I'll have to contact Bobby about the shirts and hats. I haven't heard anything about those...
Okay - so in parallel with our new darker theme, I'm working on getting some photo contests started! Any additional feedback would be great!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

It was before my time lol I just remember seeing the thread floating around
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=4475#axzz1JUFeqOjd
Yay photo contest!

WildlifeLover429

oh t-shirts and hat! I would love to win one of those! gift cards are never boring :D ... im excited. having an owner & tegu pic contest would be a good one too! :) awe how cute would it be for everyone to send in pics of themselves cuddling up tp there Gu's. :)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member

Hey i am still looking forward to a "tegu of the month" contest. And the winning tegu gets featured on the front pg, and we can have pics that go along with the month.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

We've had one contest and we are about to have another. Monthly contests might be too often... I definitely need to add a featured Tegu photo spot on the portal page. How many of you bookmark the portal page as opposed to the forum index?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi