• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu stress

Crisavina1

So I recently have been going through a hectic time, I lost my home in The recent California fires. I finally am settled into a new place after about a month and finally have been Able to set up my Gu in a proper enclosure again. She was jumping around in a few different tanks and moving from the place I was staying to my mothers house then now finally In my new place. Her eating has dramatically changed, eating a few crickets now and then and finally ate a ft fuzzy today after about a week of very small meals. She hasn’t had proper humidity this last month (what ever my mom could do with spraying twice a day) I noticed a few darker scales(scale rot?) today and a bunch of stuck shed on her tail. I’ve soaked her today but is there anything Else I should be doing? Temps And humidity are back to Being comfy for her but I dunnno I’m worried About all of this stress and how she will react. Other then that she’s been doing alright, sleeping a lot more and slowing down. Maybe getting ready to bromate also? Ugh being a first time Gu Parent can be stressful...
58D6D37D-B0C3-4A1C-9AB5-0748F8AC939F.jpeg

Attachments

• 09105F85-AF93-44A3-A2E6-A3A862688C82.jpeg
    09105F85-AF93-44A3-A2E6-A3A862688C82.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10

Crisavina1

Forgot to mention I also heard a small sneeze from her earlier today, hasn’t done it since but will be keeping an eye out for that again and will be taking to the vet if it persist.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you have it under control to me...so sorry about your home. I just moved away from California, but had to evacuate twice in the last 5 years. Super hectic time, but firefighters def saved my home. We had fire on 3 sides, and I'm still not sure how it didn't burn down. So sorry - I know it's enormously stressful.

Your guy will settle down, but that moving around thing for a Tegu is upsetting to them. They won't be affected long term though...I don't think. (just opinion)

I would get a good fish oil to add to the food your giving for the stuck shed, and make sure you keep up the humidity. Does she have a hide? They calm down with that security. You could put a worn old shirt into the tank with her so she associates the scent with security. She'll wrap up in it, and get under it.

Don't worry - she'll be fine. You're not neglecting her. Take care.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced