• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu sleeping outside her hide

Abner

My one month old Zoey always slept in her hide but this past few days she has gone to sleep outside her hide. Habitat temperatures are correct so I was wondering what her behavior may mean. I believe she is more comfortable now and does not feel the need to hide but would like to hear the opinion of others on this.

She began doing this on Saturday when the family was watching movies in the living room (where she sleeps) late in the evening. But since that day she just kept sleeping outside.

Last edited:

Zyn

Yeah it’s normal I think, sev leaves his head and half of his body out enough so he can open his eyes when ever I’m around. he doesn’t get up, just opens his eyes looks at me to see if I have food and if not goes back to sleep lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If everything's the same temp-wise, check in hide for poop. If no poop, I wouldn't worry.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd probably go to say, she is comfortable in her home/enviroment and doesn't feel she has any threats to hide at her most vunreble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602