1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu sleeping outside her hide

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Abner, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Abner

Abner New Member

My one month old Zoey always slept in her hide but this past few days she has gone to sleep outside her hide. Habitat temperatures are correct so I was wondering what her behavior may mean. I believe she is more comfortable now and does not feel the need to hide but would like to hear the opinion of others on this.

She began doing this on Saturday when the family was watching movies in the living room (where she sleeps) late in the evening. But since that day she just kept sleeping outside.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Yeah it’s normal I think, sev leaves his head and half of his body out enough so he can open his eyes when ever I’m around. he doesn’t get up, just opens his eyes looks at me to see if I have food and if not goes back to sleep lol
    Abner likes this.
  3. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

If everything's the same temp-wise, check in hide for poop. If no poop, I wouldn't worry.
    Abner likes this.
  4. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

I'd probably go to say, she is comfortable in her home/enviroment and doesn't feel she has any threats to hide at her most vunreble.
    Abner likes this.