• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu shed issue

Kimchi.Eli

I’ve had my red tegu for about 2 years, really no shed issues with him since I’ve had him but this past month he has been shedding horrible.

the shed has been on for an entire month and is barely budging to come off.. and I notice the skin under that is beginning to shed too ?! Any suggestions on how I can help get this off ?

his humidity in his tank is good has a humidifier going is frequently misted and he has a humidity hide and is getting atleast one soak a day since this started, also his temps seem good And he eats good so I don’t really know what could be causing this or what should be done to help any suggestions appreciated

mdeford09

Rose City Reptiles, who are pretty amazing breeders, actually recommends the opposite of what most do. They recommend to let the tank dry out fully for 24-48 hours during a stuck shed and then upping the humidity again after that. Claims stuck shed will pop right off when allowed to dry out and become brittle.

Let me also add that I have no clue if it works as well as they say. They have a youtube channel where I saw them talk about it and, since they are in Texas where it is bone dry at certain points of the year, I figured I would give it a try if stuck shed was ever an issue. You could always write them and ask if they still recommend it, before trying it yourself..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602