• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu moisture

Crisavina1

Hey does anyone else have a small build up of water at the bottom of their tank? I finally am reaching the humidity levels my dude requires but noticed at the bottom of His tank was a some water. The substrate is pretty moist and I have a reptifogger going off to keep levels up

rantology

If you have standing water in the enclosure or the substrate is soggy, you may need to reduce ventilation. Ideally you can get high humidity without soaking the substrate but need to balance ventilation with water input first so that it will hold the humidity while not needing excessive watering/misting. Having standing water for long periods of time will spoil the substrate, not ideal

Crisavina1

Thank you! I had my humidifier on to much through out the day. I had it running for 15 minutes every hour. I’m reducing it to 4 times a day. Should I replace all of this over saturated substrate or should I just not humidity or spray until it drys out more? It doesn’t smell of mold or mildew or anything beside wet dirt just worried it will. Thank you for the advice :)

rantology

Depends on how much water is in there. A little is fine, if it's a lot I would consider trying to replace some of it, yeah. You'll be able to smell if it's bad or not- it'll smell like rancid water

Blakkdragon

I would argue if your substrate is that wet then it should provide plenty of humidity and I would stop the humidifier and give it a chance to dry out. Rotating the substrate will help too.

Mikee1975

Hey does anyone else have a small build up of water at the bottom of their tank? I finally am reaching the humidity levels my dude requires but noticed at the bottom of His tank was a some water. The substrate is pretty moist and I have a reptifogger going off to keep levels up
How do you keep the humidity . Is it a humidifier?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980