• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu hide ideas

TheWonderer

Anyone willing to give me an inexpensive idea for a hide? My tegu is now over 28" and every hide she use to love is too small. She's been acting with a bit more aggression so I think she's in her hormonal stage. I know this might sound odd but would old sheets work? She loves to escape and go hide in a plastic bag (like a reusable one from trader joes) or my secondary bed sheets. Unfortunately, I have begun to think she escapes to hide and recently got bit trying to get her out from under the bed so I need to give her more options. I found her most recently in the reusable plastic bag which I experimented with but she sort of lost interest. She hides under her ramp for most of the day.

Mombo

Does she have enough substrate to dig into and hide in / bury herself? Or maybe just a cheap storage bin from the store that is her size and flip it upside down. Could cut a hole in it if you wanted to. Alot of people make large caves out of styro foam and cover it with grout/cement stuff and then paint it. That would probably be the cheapest way to make a nice one.

Cshelt11

I'm building a 4x4x8 enclosure now and I'm thinking about using construction bricks with a plywood roof with a concrete stepping stone on top as a basking side hide. With some sphagnum and substrate in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602