1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu harness?

Discussion in 'Tegu Taming and Handling Discussion' started by TeguPuppy, Aug 4, 2017.

1. TeguPuppy

TeguPuppy Member

I want to start taking Alice places, she's getting to where she let's other people pet her and she genuinely loves to be outside. Obviously I need to invest in a good harness.

Here's the thing...I looked into buddy belts and even the smallest size is too big for her.

Does anyone know of a good harness for a female tegu?

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk
  2. Tucker

Tucker Member

I made Bender's harness out of 550/parachute cord. Looks sharp, was cheap, and if your caftsy you get the pride of making something yourself.
  3. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

I hear most people use cat harnesses
  4. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

you can get Rabbit harnesses that go even smaller....I used to use then for my kittens as the cat ones were too big.
  5. SpitFyre

SpitFyre New Member

Where do you find rabbit harnesses, if I may ask? I’m also looking into taking my baby out so he can explore, but I can never find anything small enough :/
  6. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

I'm in the UK and most of our petstores sell them ...So I'm sure they'd be easily found on the web or in your local stores.
  7. SpitFyre

SpitFyre New Member

Ah okay.

Now that you mention it, I think I’ll try amazon haha. They always have everything
  8. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Make sure you take notice of dimensions as you can get some big f*#*#*g Rabbits....lol