1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu enclosures

Discussion in 'Black and White Tegu Discussion' started by Kristy, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Kristy

Kristy New Member

I am looking to obtain a tegu within the next month or so. Can they be kept in an enclosure like this or do they have to have the solid walls? I have a dedicated reptile room with temps that are kept at 85 and 60% humidity. I have no issues building the enclosure, I just happen to have one of these not being used.

Attached Files:

2. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

That’s a no
    onnie0047 likes this.
  3. VenusAndSaturn

VenusAndSaturn Member

The enclosure wouldn't work for any reptiles let alone one that needs 70-120 temps, 60%+ humidity and is normally 3-4 feet long.

You'll want an enclosure thats at least 8x4x4 for a tegu, and with preferably solid walls rather than wire/screen unless of course, you want bad sheds and substrate everywhere.
    EnjoysWine likes this.
  4. Kristy

Kristy New Member

Thank you!
  5. dpjm

dpjm Active Member 5 Year Member

Lots of research is needed before acquiring a tegu. Don't take this the wrong way, but just based on the fact that you thought that enclosure might work indicates you have a lot more of that to do. There is loads of information on this site regarding enclosure building so please look around.
  6. Kristy

Kristy New Member

Did my research after this post. My custom enclosure is being built as I type this. Thanks though.
  7. onnie0047

onnie0047 Member

Still working on mine just a few more tweeks 596FB8A7-C392-4B36-B153-6F755A1E9932.jpeg
    OneOfaKind, Walter1 and EnjoysWine like this.
  8. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

I like its exposure to natural daylength.
    EnjoysWine likes this.