• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu enclosures

Kristy

I am looking to obtain a tegu within the next month or so. Can they be kept in an enclosure like this or do they have to have the solid walls? I have a dedicated reptile room with temps that are kept at 85 and 60% humidity. I have no issues building the enclosure, I just happen to have one of these not being used.

Attachments

• B89A52E6-7FE9-46BF-8042-B44DE087F0C1.jpeg
    B89A52E6-7FE9-46BF-8042-B44DE087F0C1.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 37

VenusAndSaturn

The enclosure wouldn't work for any reptiles let alone one that needs 70-120 temps, 60%+ humidity and is normally 3-4 feet long.

You'll want an enclosure thats at least 8x4x4 for a tegu, and with preferably solid walls rather than wire/screen unless of course, you want bad sheds and substrate everywhere.

dpjm

5 Year Member
Lots of research is needed before acquiring a tegu. Don't take this the wrong way, but just based on the fact that you thought that enclosure might work indicates you have a lot more of that to do. There is loads of information on this site regarding enclosure building so please look around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced