• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu eating reptile moss

Tegumom224

Hello all! I have a B&W tech, probably 6 months to a year old. We have that reptile moss in his tank. Whenever we feed him he sometimes gets it in his mouth and most of the time, swallows it. Either that or he goes around actually trying to eat it. I was wondering if that is a common thing/If it is a bad thing for him to eat it. I’m planning on taking it out soon just in case. TYA

Edit: he now keeps opening and closing his mouth with his tongue curled, we saw him have a little piece of moss on his mouth but when we tried getting him to now swallow it, he did. Is there anything we can do

Last edited:

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Make sure he has lots of fresh water, and watch to see if he is pooping regularly. He's so young that maybe some of his food was dropping onto his moss, and he was tasting it, and trying to get at it. I don't think I've ever heard of one actually wanting to eat it. Good that you removed it. It should really be mostly just in his hide. Don't be afraid to pull it out of his mouth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam