• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu charging constantly

EreptileDisfunction

Hi I have a red Tegu who used to be the sweetest little guy but now he's a total *******. I've been away while he lives with my parents and from what I have heard he had free roam of the house every day only charged at them a few times. Now he is charging constantly. He seems to be going for movement but we never live fed him so I'm not sure why he's having that reaction. He is also sharing his cage with a young female rn and that may be hyping him up. I'm not sure what to do or how to treat his behaviors.

Merlot

How old/large is he? Is he eating enough? My juvenile tegu about 42” will do this when he is hungry, as he is rapidly growing and needs lots of food. Also when I had my baby, I didn’t really spend too much time with him other than feeding and cleaning his cage. When I was hanging with him several a day normally, he was definitely not happy. I’ve been getting into a better routine with baby and tegu. He still gets exited and charges sometimes but I just stand my ground and ball up my fist and say NO. He pretty much stops in his tracks. Looks at me real sketchy, acts sketchy, then I patiently keep my fist next to him and he warms up and calms down and all is good. Gotta be patient, and a little ballsy. Also when you wanna keep your hand next to your gu I make a fist in case he lunges at finger thinking it’s a ReptiLink or something

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam