• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Age

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i dont think there really is a way to tell.... but i have no clue either.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LOL, it works for both sexes, I am betting you won't get an answer with either one. :lol:

Joey

5 Year Member
I have one that is 19.5 inches long and not that fat I think its a girl how old do you recon it is? I say about 5-6 months.

COWHER

5 Year Member
It all depends on how big the parents were, how well they were fed before you got them, there is alot of factors that would make two tegus born on the same day but born to different breeders look like night and day for example when i got my guy he was the same size as his room mate that was with him he is now 30ish inches and his old roommate is only 21 inches all because the shop owner wasn't feeding often enough.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can't tell easily, it's not like counting the rings on a tree.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It depends a lot on food intake and if they hibernate. It also helps if they come out of large stock.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced