• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tail breaking off

Paul45

Hello, I have read several different accounts on Tegu's tails from this and other sites. I have a black and white whose tail had damage from being mis kept by previous owner and now the last half inch is breaking off. No blood anywhere but she shows sings of pain and protection when touched or I go near it. Is a vet visit necessary and or in order?

Attachments

• 20180729_205406.jpg
    20180729_205406.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Gary

Hard to tell from the picture how severe the issue is. My tegu has a nipped tail from another hatchling. After a few sheds the tip of the tail fell off and the end started turning brown. I soaked the end of his tail in a diluted bedadine solution for a week and it cleared right up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny