1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!
    Dismiss Notice

"Super Blue" Tegu

Discussion in 'Blue Tegu Discussion' started by KhanKrazy, Dec 31, 2019.

1. KhanKrazy

KhanKrazy New Member

I apologize right now since I'm new to this, but what is the difference between the "Blues"? For example one of my local reptile stores has a Red, Black and White, and "Super" Blue Tegu. I understand the red, but what is the difference with the other two? Here's a photo (sorry, not good quality) of the "Super Blue"

Attached Files:

2. Lochlan

Lochlan Member

The only difference is that the blues have a lot more white then the normal black and whites they tend to be quite more beautiful
  3. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Well-Known Member

blues are slightly smaller and have less jowls (in the male) too.

But also sounds like the reptile shop might be trying to over sell the blues by calling them Super.
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club 5 Year Member

Blues also have a black teardrop under the eye and a burnt nose as in your photo. I agree, super blue sounds like hype, gimmicky.
  5. KhanKrazy

KhanKrazy New Member

Thanks everyone for the response! I asked them directly and they didn't seem to know much. A little concerning... thank you again!
  6. AprilAeon

AprilAeon New Member

Some blues also have a teal color to them
  7. Nickali21

Nickali21 New Member

Blue tegus have different markings. Their snout will have charred looked to it. And underneath their eyes, there will black tear drop markings. Black n white won't have these