• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Strange Question I know......haha

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Has anyone ever used a cat flap for their tegu or heard of anyone that has done so or have any reason why not to do so???

To go from one part of the enclosure to another??

From an indoor to outdoor enclosure??

to separate and lock sections off??

Any advice appreciated.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
Usually when no one responds it's because no one has an answer for you. Why don't you give it a try then report back? In this case YOU will be the voice of experience!

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm seriously thinking about it as I personally can see no reason why not to and I think once Alpha has figured it out he can come and go as he pleases.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I never have but it sounds like a great idea if you want for him to have free access but with a door.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes I was thinking for access in and out of his enclosure whilst I'm in, so i can unlock it and he can come and go as he pleases without upsetting the functionality of his enclosure especially as his enclosure only opens from above.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ive seen that on some youtube vid i think.
Idk if it was a tegu or monitor but doesnt matter that much i guess
Great cheers for the info nice to know someone has seen someone do it with a reptile

Necro-Sigh

Someone on a tegu group I'm part of on FB, does use a cat flap for their baby. Theirs is used as a free in and out door, and has a shutter to close/lock it at night. So go for it. c:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced