• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Stopped growing

Nikki Gregory

Hey there. I haven’t posted an update for awhile :( my State is on Fire so it’s been crazy. Anyhow! My guy has kind of just stopped growing :( he was growing like a weed for awhile there And now he’s been at about the same size seems like forever now :/ anyone have any ideas why it is it normal? Help?! Please.

jillann1177

Mine guy as well he seems to be getting thicker, not by much and at the nose to tip of tail just kind of stopped at 3', maybe for 2 months now, vet says all good, just weird anyone with thoughts? Remy just got over that ignoring everyone, feisty stage. Maybe that had something to do with it? He is a little more than 8 months old.

Nikki Gregory

I've heard they tend to grow in spurts, Also since this smoke got heavy I've noticed he's been in permanent hide mode or maybe he's just getting ready top hibernate.
Ok I hope so lol. Yea my guy hasn’t been out in 4 days :/ I hope that is ok. Also are you on the west coast as well? The fires are insane in Oregon abs California!

Dylan koch

Ya I think mine have even sensed the weather change in arizona but it hasnt been cold during day still in 80s to 90s but the night weather some nights gets into 60s and even here has been smoggy from fires. All of mine grew like weeds since I got them at beginning of this year and are supposedly only going to be a year this month.. but were all in hibernation when I got them as it was still cold here. And idk if it's just because I fed them so good and often till 2 month or so started feeding every other day instead of daily. But they havent been eating as much. Mine are all like 3 feet to 3 and half.

Dylan koch

I'm in Tucson arizona we just had recently a mountain with in seeing distance and few miles on fire and was very bad and another also in view on fire. Tons of fires on west coast and smog from fires travels long distances. But I have noticed my tegus sleeping more.

Blakkdragon

Does anyone have any opinion on pulling them out when they're hiding at this time of the year? Mine has just kind of hid several days lately. I'm still pulling him out to feed him though and he's still eating

Nikki Gregory

Does anyone have any opinion on pulling them out when they're hiding at this time of the year? Mine has just kind of hid several days lately. I'm still pulling him out to feed him though and he's still eating
So I have read lots of different ideas on that. I will pull him out on occasion if say he was out earlier in the day and burrowed before I got home at 2 because he’s a lazy turd and refuses to wait anymore lol. But he hasn’t been seen at all in 5 days and so just today I was getting concerned so I messed around a little with his bedding just to see if I could get him to wiggle so I knew he was still alive lol. And he did so I felt better and left him alone. I figure he knows when he’s hungry and will come out when he is :)

Dylan koch

Mine have just been lazy sleeping alot hahent started burrowing though yet and havent turned down a meal. I also bring them out during day so they can realize it's still very very warm outside here! Cuz they are in a room attached to my garage which is solid concrete building and has ac set to 84. Outside today was mid 90s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam