• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Start of brumation?

Aidenwb

He’s about 20” head to tail and appears a good weight with a fat tail. Over the last week or so he’s started coming out less and turning down food. He’ll come out for an hour or so to bask in the morning and more or less ignore food, then it’s right back underground. I’m in central Canada so the days are getting quite short already (it’s dark by 8:30pm or so). He’s my first argentine so this is our first winter together. Does this start like the start of winter brumation? Any advice is appreciated.

Dingotrin85

It sounds exactly like brumation. Probably stop offering food soon. I'm hoping my little dude will start down here in Texas. I'm fairly new to Tegus, but consistent temperature and humidity seems to be pretty much all you need to worry about. Lizard should do the rest. They do great down here so, luckily for me, there's a plethora of people to talk to. Good luck.

Dylan koch

Ya sound like brumation it's no where near cooling down here in Tucson Arizona but mine haven't been eating ass much and sleeping tons more too idk of its smog In air from fires around or because weather shift has started. It's still 80 to 90 during the day but some nights have been getting into the 60s

Al's_Pals

Ahhh this makes me feel so much better! I just joined the forum to ask the exact same thing. I was soooo worried about impaction, still am a little, because I haven't been finding much potty business in the enclosure lately but the behavior you're describing sounds exactly like what I'm seeing. And although it is still warm here in Texas, it did good off a great deal a couple of weeks ago. My new little buddy is just so sleepy! Even when he comes out it's like he can hardly keep his eyes open.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam