• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Spring needs to get here already!

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
The year before last, me and my brother whent to a state park Kanopolis, which we do every year and didn't find anything really. We found a few herps but we catch these so much, its old news lol. Last summer i forgot to take the camera and wouldnt you know it....found alot more stuff lol. The coolest was a little baby Horned lizard, which is common but it was only about a 1/2 an inch....and that we have never seen.

We go up to Atchison every once in a while, next spring we are going again because last time i forgot the camera and found one of the most beautifully colored Copper Heads.

Here are a few pics of the Kanopolis area where we field herp every year.

100_0068.jpg

100_0066.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0058.jpg

In the back ground you can see a little cave that was used by natives.
100_0052.jpg

100_0049.jpg

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
100_0043.jpg

These ring necks are so cool looking on there belly.
100_0036.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0030.jpg

Well, thats about all i had, it is a beautiful place though....just wish we could find some of the Timber Rattlers they let go out there, there was 12 they let go to try and get them to reproduce.

dorton

5 Year Member
Nice!
I'm ready to do some out this way too. The 2 I will be looking for is a mole kingsnake, and an eastern king.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Great shots boa lover! Good to see a fellow herper on here. I do a lot of herping here in AZ. Its an addicting hobby. Mostly photos of course, rarely collect. I especially like the shots of the stream that blue is gorgeous.

-Jon DeLong

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't wait for spring either. It's when all the whiptails and fence lizards come out here. :)

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Thanks! And Beazer, that stream was stunning! i sat there for a while aweing lol. I only collect when i find somthing i have never seen. I take it home, do research on it, then i return it lol. I want to herp hunt so badly down in AZ. Me my brother and my father were actually talking about going down there this next spring....maybe we will se you around herping :) .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam