• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of my new guy.Check it out

Steven.

So as i promised, today was the first day i've had with my new blue and i took many pics and setup up his enclosure as well. Today i also got a chance to feed him. Yesterday when i got him, i had put him into a box and gave him 2 crickets. He only eat one and that was it. So it kinda had me worried. Today i realized that he might not know how to catch the crickets, so i used tongs. I grabbed a live one, dipped it in zoomed's repti calcium, and he ate it!!! He ate 6 crickets today, smalls ones, but 6. So i'm happy he's eating. Now all i have to see is him poop and i'm a happy owner. Lets go on to the pics..

2012-08-19172837.jpg

2012-08-19172807.jpg

2012-08-19114143.jpg

-This is my guy, tiny as can be, I'm leaning toward blue beard as his name and calling him blue for short.

-Just to give you an idea of how small he is,
2012-08-19115844.jpg

2012-08-19115907.jpg

Thats was his enclosure as of yesterday. It a 40 breeder. Look at how big it is lol..

-This is his enclosure finished, well actually im still trying to figure out wheather to use this xxl half log hide or just buy a small/medium size one for him.
2012-08-19201255.jpg

Hot side..
2012-08-19201318.jpg

-[size=large]I'm having an issue gettin that top brick to basking temps. The slate under it gets about 90-95 degrees. But the top brick gets about 95-100 degrees thats it. I'm using a 100w powersun thats about 12 inches away from the top brick... Anyone have any ideas?...I was thinking of going back with a halogen and reptisun[/size]...

--Thats it for now. The rest is just some to show off =)..

2012-08-19190146.jpg

-He climbed on my hand while i was moving/mix his substrate.

2012-08-19180723.jpg

- I thought blues arent green when they hatch =0

2012-08-19180509.jpg

-And the pattern..

[size=large]THANKS GUYS.PLEASE COMMENT.[/size]

Murkve

The brick being lower is because it is whiter. Light colors reflect light and thus heat. Swap it out for a darker brick and you're good to go.

kymzilla

Sooooooo cute! I thought my golden was tiny but she's pretty big looking at your pen comparison.

Love the picture of it snoozin on your arm =]

Look forward to seeing more pictures as it grows!

Steven.

Darker brick you say?.. Interesting.. Ill be visiting home depot tomorrow i guess and Im looking forward to him growing and taking those pics for you kymzilla.. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE GROWING!!!!!

sent from my phone to your eyes

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A lot of the eating reluctance may because the blue is literally one or two days old. Sometimes they don't eat the first day or next. Appetite should build as he gains strength.

Yep, it's that old dark colors are warmer thing. ;)

Steven.

Hey Laura. How was your 3 day vacation lol. Did you get any new additions?...

Steven.

Tell me about. I wish the green would stay and develop the white...lol. That would be awesome

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think that photo pretty much says it all, haha.

Chris is incubating a clutch of blues in the UK...pretty awesome!

I had an awesome 3 days at the expo. But now I'm backlogged and playing catch-up! I wasn't going to get anything at all, but I ended up getting a pair of Jackson's chams at the silent auction. And I got a bunch of just stuff like feeding bowls, blah blah blah. I got to say hello to few friends...went to the dart frogs in Colombia symposium.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam