• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

skin problems?

erk

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I've posted this before on another forum, but would like to get input from the nice people here.

I've read that when Red Tegus mature they have "skin problems".
1. What type of problems exactly (shedding, blisters)?
2. Is there any written scientific proof of these problems?
3. Has anybody with Red Tegus experienced these problems?
4. What about the "Red Tegus need more fruit" theory?

Thanks in advance.

COWHER

5 Year Member
Bobby and I were talking and as i remember he didn't put much trust in the fruit theory maybe he will clarify.. sorry i couldn't be more help :?

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
I've read many times that they need fruit as well. I put fruit in with mine almost every meal but he only eats it every now and then. How often should a tegu shed? Does it vary, or is there some kind of normal time frame between sheds? Anyone know?

erk

5 Year Member
That's the problem, I've read all over that they "need more fruit in their diet", but I haven't found a site that backs up that statement with some facts. Can anybody post a link or two that may shed some light on this issue?

My Tegu has shed 3 times in the last 4 weeks, but he is a special case. :D He is a baby that came to me 1 month ago. He was a little under weight, but now he's a fat little monster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602