• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sketchy

Mutablekitty

I was wondering what you might think of my tegus future home! The sketch’s are mainly focusing on the interior setup (which I find most important).
Any comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated.

7473F0F2-F01B-4120-9496-FE33730C6027.jpeg
51F6521B-89FC-4727-8289-15E6C6DFC32D.jpeg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could be my own poor sense of good electriian work, but I get nervous about an electric light right over water, including mistdd from it. Still, an electrician is best to weigh in. That aside, as long as an adult can turn comfortably around, there's a thermal gradient, kept clean, a cool moist refuge, ain't too dry, a lot of leg room, should be fine.

Mutablekitty

Could be my own poor sense of good electriian work, but I get nervous about an electric light right over water, including mistdd from it. Still, an electrician is best to weigh in. That aside, as long as an adult can turn comfortably around, there's a thermal gradient, kept clean, a cool moist refuge, ain't too dry, a lot of leg room, should be fine.
That’s a really good point! I’m hoping the platform might block any mist or splash back from the waterfall but if not I can probably make the enclosure larger and move things around. Thank you for the feedback!!

Lochlan

Looks really good it looks like the basking spot will block any splash as long as you water proof the entire enclosure it looks perfect

Bram040

Im an electrician, i dont see any problem with a lamp over the water, the water vapor will be verry minimal, if it cant get splashed u should be fine( a few cold drops of water on your verry hot lamp can make it burst an potentially litter everything with glass.

Ive build something similar as his temporary enclosure with a raised pool, wich im gonna put a heat lamp over it cuz the water cools verry quickly, and it should help with the humidity also

Attachments

• 20191210_160424.jpg
    20191210_160424.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20191210_153549.jpg
    20191210_153549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37

Adramelec

5 Year Member
One Advice from me, don't make the Platform to high over the Ground.
My Boy has the habbit to jump down from the Platform..
if its to high or maybe to hard ground it could really hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam