• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sev needs a mani/ pedi

Zyn

509AA5EB-F0E6-46FA-A955-1925B2393CE6.jpeg
Sev didn’t feel like being picked up to soak off
That last bit of shed lol. Gotta find a way to better deal with those nails. Got him to the bath just fine just a little blood on my end no big deal lol

VenusAndSaturn

A few days ago I was bathing Oreo, easy part was getting her in for once but the hard part was when she decided she was done after 2-3 minutes of sitting there, tried getting her to stay in the sink but she was not having it so she gave me a few scratches on my wrist trying to get out. Although not as many as that.

Yesterday I managed to get her to stay in the sink without trouble for 8 whole minutes... I believe its a new record for her.
Almost done with her stubborn shed too, at least for the most part.
Hopefully one day she'll learn to love baths... hopefully..or at least tolerate them longer.

Maybe a little nail clipper will work to keep the nails somewhat trimmed down or lots of rocks to naturally keep them trim.

Trede

Talia thankfully loves soaking for a half hour or so at a time. I trim her nails just like you'd trim a dog's (remove the conical tip, try real hard not to get the quick, and keep some styptic powder handy just in case), including filing them down. Because that's not her favorite activity in the world, I also put small dog claw caps on her (httpx://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R29LFNJ12A0LFB/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00K08PH3C) just replace the x with an s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam