• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Selling/Trading Argentine B&W Tegu (~1 y/o Female) Columbus, GA

Jacob Loudermilk

I’ve got an absolute sweetheart of a tegu that I’m looking to rehome that was sold to me a few months ago at a reptile show as a ~yearling female. As mentioned she’s perfectly sweet and even takes well to hand feeding, though she’s a bit squirmy in regards to handling. She’s pushing around 30” long from snout to tail-tip as of this post.

She’s currently feeding on ground turkey, chicken gizzards, eggs, and the occasional thawed mouse. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to keep on fruits/veggies (she’s taken small amounts of banana and pineapple) and she almost seems too good for any kind of insect snacks

I’m asking for $200 for her, though I’m more than willing to negotiate the price if need be. I’m also considering trades, though that’s less of a priority. The one thing I can’t stress enough though is that I’d greatly prefer a local pickup arrangement, as I’ve never shipped an animal before and it’s getting quite hot where I live (90+ degrees Fahrenheit daily). That being said though, I won’t completely rule out shipping her.

For those interested in picking her up locally, I’m located in the Columbus, GA/Fort Benning area. PM me if interested and we can arrange a public meetup
smile.gif

Attachments

• 9934F72D-786C-4933-BFFB-BD88BE6A5EA7.jpeg
    9934F72D-786C-4933-BFFB-BD88BE6A5EA7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 179
  • ACC902BA-2EC7-4FAF-9B15-2AF21FB59849.jpeg
    ACC902BA-2EC7-4FAF-9B15-2AF21FB59849.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • 8B500C89-C994-4DD3-B4E8-3883DAF5CFB9.jpeg
    8B500C89-C994-4DD3-B4E8-3883DAF5CFB9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 164
  • 8E273AB1-26CC-4D29-8C92-1129D06D85B3.jpeg
    8E273AB1-26CC-4D29-8C92-1129D06D85B3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 148

paige stevens

Jacob I live 2 hours away acworth GA. just started looking at Tegus, can you tell me why your re homing her? I was going to the Reptile show this weekend to check some out. Is this your first Tegu?

Jacob Loudermilk

Jacob I live 2 hours away acworth GA. just started looking at Tegus, can you tell me why your re homing her? I was going to the Reptile show this weekend to check some out. Is this your first Tegu?
It’s my first, yeah. I’m trying to rehome her because she’s a bit of a handful for me to work with at this point in time (the extra time working with her). Not trying to pawn her off though, I wanna make sure she goes to a good home. Also, I’m a bit more interested in raising one up from a baby, just seems like the right course of action for me personally.

And sorry for the slow response, life has been a little bit more hectic over the past couple days haha.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I personally believe that a baby one will be even more work and time consuming..... This is still a very young Tegu and from being able to be held calmly for pics to be taken suggests a great percentage of trust building has being done, meaning you just need to improvise this to your own routine.

Jacob Loudermilk

Thank you all for any interest you’ve shown, but I sold her to a nice shop near Atlanta, who managed to find her a permanent home some time later.

Is it possible to get this thread locked? I’m not entirely sure how to go about doing that or requesting it [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602