1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Selling/Trading Argentine B&W Tegu (~1 y/o Female) Columbus, GA

Discussion in 'For Sale, Wanted, or Trades' started by Jacob Loudermilk, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Jacob Loudermilk

Jacob Loudermilk New Member

I’ve got an absolute sweetheart of a tegu that I’m looking to rehome that was sold to me a few months ago at a reptile show as a ~yearling female. As mentioned she’s perfectly sweet and even takes well to hand feeding, though she’s a bit squirmy in regards to handling. She’s pushing around 30” long from snout to tail-tip as of this post.

She’s currently feeding on ground turkey, chicken gizzards, eggs, and the occasional thawed mouse. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to keep on fruits/veggies (she’s taken small amounts of banana and pineapple) and she almost seems too good for any kind of insect snacks

I’m asking for $200 for her, though I’m more than willing to negotiate the price if need be. I’m also considering trades, though that’s less of a priority. The one thing I can’t stress enough though is that I’d greatly prefer a local pickup arrangement, as I’ve never shipped an animal before and it’s getting quite hot where I live (90+ degrees Fahrenheit daily). That being said though, I won’t completely rule out shipping her.

For those interested in picking her up locally, I’m located in the Columbus, GA/Fort Benning area. PM me if interested and we can arrange a public meetup [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. paige stevens

paige stevens New Member

Jacob I live 2 hours away acworth GA. just started looking at Tegus, can you tell me why your re homing her? I was going to the Reptile show this weekend to check some out. Is this your first Tegu?
  3. Jacob Loudermilk

It’s my first, yeah. I’m trying to rehome her because she’s a bit of a handful for me to work with at this point in time (the extra time working with her). Not trying to pawn her off though, I wanna make sure she goes to a good home. Also, I’m a bit more interested in raising one up from a baby, just seems like the right course of action for me personally.

And sorry for the slow response, life has been a little bit more hectic over the past couple days haha.
  4. paige stevens

paige stevens New Member

Yea understand, I’m new to them also trying to do my homework before getting one. Thank you for responding.
  5. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

I personally believe that a baby one will be even more work and time consuming..... This is still a very young Tegu and from being able to be held calmly for pics to be taken suggests a great percentage of trust building has being done, meaning you just need to improvise this to your own routine.
  6. Will Defee

Will Defee New Member

Is she still available?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  7. Jacob Loudermilk

Thank you all for any interest you’ve shown, but I sold her to a nice shop near Atlanta, who managed to find her a permanent home some time later.

Is it possible to get this thread locked? I’m not entirely sure how to go about doing that or requesting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk